Building a house in the Dominican Republic is a great opportunity to fulfill your dreams and desires, and not to adapt to someone else’s taste. And the time spent and the associated troubles will pay off with the result – of course, provided that the construction was carried out without violations and in compliance with building codes.
We carry out turnkey construction: we select the most suitable site, make modern projects with 3D visualization, build an object and, if you wish, also deal with finishing, selection of furniture, rent and maintain real estate.
We have extensive experience in construction in the Dominican Republic and are ready to share our advice with you.
How to profitably building a house in the Dominican Republic. 7 tips.
• Never enter into a verbal deal when building a house in the Dominican Republic, no matter how you are going to enter into a business agreement, you must have absolutely everything in writing and signed by both parties.
• Do not copy designs from other countries to be built in the Dominican Republic. When building a house in the Dominican Republic, take into account the climatic and environmental features of the country. I know the case of a person who copied the design of an American villa with very small windows and built it here, it was too hot inside the villa, as this project was not designed for such warm weather.
• The Dominican Republic is a country with high rainfall throughout the year, before buying land or a house, make sure it is at or above street level. This way you avoid flooding
• Water is one of the biggest determinants of home deterioration. If the house you’ll be building has a sloped roof, make sure it’s sloped enough to drain rain. If the roof is flat, it must also have a minimum slope as a percentage of its size, and must be properly waterproofed.
• If you are very interested in buying land or building a house in the Dominican Republic in a particular location, please be patient. I recommend visiting this place several times on certain occasions, at night, in the morning when it rains, before making a decision. You will notice a lot of things, such as the lighting of the environment, if rain water is accumulating, if there is a lot of noise, etc.
• Do not hire cheap labor to build a home in the Dominican Republic. When building a house in the Dominican Republic, you will encounter poor quality work. Employees who do a poor job usually charge cheaply, hiring such people is the worst thing you can do. You will end up paying a lot more for a job well done. There is a very common phrase here “cheap – expensive”, there are fair prices for work, if the price is below this price, you should already be wondering – WHY.
• Hire a law firm that investigates the legality of the documents required to sell a property.
• You must consider the winds of the Dominican Republic to know where to place windows and what spaces to leave with terraces. The Dominican Republic is a country with a very hot climate, it is advisable to use natural ventilation.
When building a house in the Dominican Republic, the project is developed for a specific site, but you can take one of our recent projects as a basis.
Construction in the Dominican Republic with our company allows you to use the latest technologies. We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Smart Home
Our company cooperates with manufacturers of stretch ceilings, please contact us, we will definitely advise you